Starting to get COVENANT feedback

…and as expected, it has generated divided opinions. Predominantly positive, but certainly different than Day of War. Looking forward to hearing more.

9 Comments

1. By Chris McDonald March 21, 2012 - 2:26 am

The Covenant blew me away in just a few days. Much sadness to finish a small part of a great epic and have to simmer waiting for the next installment. Cliff is a not just a breath of fresh air for historical fiction. He is a wildfire of passion,pain and repentance that followed David’s life.

2. By john culver March 21, 2012 - 8:56 pm

So awesome how you have brought the Bible stories to life. I have read Day of War, and I am almost finished with Covenant of War. I will purchase the others as soon as they are released. I sent Day of War to my son as a birthday gift also. Thank you so much for writing these.

John Culver

3. By Mark Stiver March 22, 2012 - 12:26 pm

Absolutely love the series so far, keep up the good work and may Jesus work through this endeavor to bring more people to Him.

4. By James Jones March 24, 2012 - 12:19 am

Enjoyed the first two books looking forward to the rest of the series.Great insight of David & his followers.

5. By Stephen Dearmond March 24, 2012 - 10:40 pm

Thanks for your research & creativity in weaving the facts of the books of Samuel into your novels.

The biblical story of David’s sin of covering up his adultery with Bathsheba by killing her husband takes on new meaning as the novels introduce us to the person of Uriah the Hittite. These novels have increased depth of the Bible so that it reaches the recesses of my sinful heart.

Cliff, you might consider changing your last name to ‘Hanger’ as I wait for the continuation of the story…

6. By Wes Greer April 13, 2012 - 5:30 am

The first book was an absolute Epic experience and then the second book outdid the first one. I find myself referring random strangers to the local book store to grab copies of these books. I have purchased close to 10 of “Day of War” for family and friends, and am constantly hearing from those people that they are purchasing “Covenant of War” for themselves.
    You have really started something Cliff! Like I have posted before, if you need anything “promotional” to be sent out in the Littleton/Denver area, just let me know. These books are an easy way for Our Lord to get me speaking His name around the Lost.
    Thanks again!

7. By Eric Fulks May 4, 2012 - 10:04 pm

I have never felt a greater sinking feeling from a book, as when I finished both Day of War and Covenant of War. As soon as I can pre-purchase the final “chapter” it will be done. Thank you Mr. Graham for giving me such a great joy. It truly is a masterpiece.

8. By Lewis Wydner May 7, 2012 - 9:28 pm

I have been an avid reader for years. I have been looking for a Christian non – fiction that was as good or better than “this present darkness” You did it with “Day of War”. With “Covenant of War” hands down the best book I have ever read. I believe you capture the warrior ethos that I saw in the Marines and serving in Iraq. As a youth minister I have been using it to get my teen guys in the Word and it has been great in discipling them in their faith. It has opened doors that have previously been shut. Thank you.

9. By Alex Stephens May 23, 2012 - 8:58 pm

Just finished Covenant of War yesterday and it was just as epic, if not more, as Day of War. Amazing imagery. Incredibly bold detail. When I first saw Day of War on Amazon, it was as if the planets aligned. Finally! Someone who would dare take on the true nature of the Bible and its times and make an epic story that gave due credit to the heroes in it, and also to the God of their people, who was the ultimate hero and savior. Cliff, you have an amazing writing style. It has immersed me so deeply into the story that I forget about its author! And that is no insult, but a compliment!

Bravo Cliff. Yahweh has truly blessed you. I hope and pray that these books will be an evangelistic tool mightily. Can’t wait for Song of War!